Kale Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
Hello!!! I am heeeere with another vegan recipe that I naturally just *love* even though I’m not vegan in the slightest! This salad is easy to whip together on a random Tuesday night (or any day, I kind of just randomly went with Tuesday here) and it’s chock full of flavor. It’s also great as a main dish (sometimes if I’m in a pinch, I throw a microwaved veggie burger on top as my “protein”) or you can enjoy it as a side. I personally love to pair it with a roasted pork loin or pork chops with an apple chutney —a very non-vegan choice — but that’s my personal preference. Regardless, if you like crunchy salads with a lot of texture and flavor, then you will luv this.
The beauty of making salads is that you really don’t have to follow measurements. Add as many walnuts, pumpkin seeds, avocado, etc. that you want! Want apple slices? Add them! Want potato chips? Go for it! You do you. Just incase you don’t trust yourself to eyeball it with this recipe, or if you just want to make this salad *exactly* like I did, I’m providing measurements. Just know that you really don’t have to follow them! The only measurements you should follow are for the vinaigrette. 🙂
Kale Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- 4-6 cups roughly chopped kale each piece should be "bite size" so just use your judgment for how big you like your salad greens!
- 1 medium shallot or 1/2 small red onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-2 avocados (depends on your preference and how big your avos are!) thinly sliced
Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard I used Grey Poupon!
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar can sub apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a large salad bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients except for the avocado slices.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients until fully emulsified.
- Toss the salad in the vinaigrette and top with avocado. Drizzle any leftover dressing on top, if desired!