4-Ingredient Coconut Collagen Ice Cream
The two desserts I’ve been scarfing down this summer: frozen blueberries and homemade coconut collagen ice cream. Both of these are SO tasty, either together or alone, and of course, they’re simple to make. Full fat Ben & Jerry’s ice cream is my typical vice, so this coconut collagen ice cream has really come in handy to save me from my typical sugary sins.
This recipe is a simple vanilla coconut base, but you can jazz it up with some cocoa powder, fruit, matcha, and more. Just mix any powder add-ons into your base before you freeze it. If you are incorporating fruit, jam, or preserves, do that after you freeze the base, so that the water content doesn’t crystallize your ice cream. We want it extra creamy!Jump to Recipe
4-Ingredient Vegan Coconut Collagen Ice Cream (no ice cream maker required!)
- Ice cube tray
- Mixing Bowl
- Sauce Pan
- Food processor or blender
- 1 can coconut cream full fat
- 4 scoops collagen powder or as directed, according to packaging
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nectar
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a large sauce pan and simmer on medium heat, until it starts to bubble. Continue to whisk and turn off the heat.
- Transfer the mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Remove the ice cubes and put them in a food processor. Pulse until the ice cubes are blended into a creamy mixture. Make sure to pulse so that you don’t blend them into a smoothie!
- Mix in topping or jam, put into a bowl and enjoy!