Grain-Free Chocolate Hazelnut Banana Bread
I swear to you, this banana bread is just as good (if not better) than regular flour banana bread. The flavor is pure and delicious. I swapped out refined sugar and flour for a hazelnut flour (which you can buy or make on your own!) and raw honey. Please note, you can cut out the vanilla extract and whole milk in this recipe to make it paleo. I love vanilla extract for flavor, but you are your own boss! Do what you want.
Oh one more tip: this tastes amazing when frozen, and when paired with a chocolate hazelnut spread, which you can make on your own or buy!
Grain-Free Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Loaf pan
- 1 cup ripe banana mashed (usually 2 large bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted ghee
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make banana bread, combine baking soda and salt in a large bowl, then mix in eggs, honey, melted ghee, mashed bananas, and vanilla until fully combined.
- Fold in dark chocolate chunks until evenly distributed.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan and place in oven for 40 minutes, until golden brown around the edges and on top.
- Let the banana bread cool and cut into slices to serve. Top as desired.