Sweet Potato Pie Balls
So when we started this recipe, we really were not sure how it was going to turn out. But let me tell you, the results were AMAZING. This recipe combines all the warm comfort and yumminess of a sweet potato casserole, but in a fun and pop-able ball. If you are hosting a Friendsgiving this year… these balls are a must.
Sweet Potato Casserole Balls
- 1 large sweet potato skinless and mashed
- 3/4 cup gluten-free pancake mix *can also use regular– just wanted to make this celiac friendly 🙂
- 5 tbsp cinnamon
- 7 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Remove the skin from your sweet potato, boil it in water and mash it. (Hack: wrap sweet potato in a wet paper towel and microwave it for 5-7 minutes or until soft enough).
- Combine sweet potato mash with 3/4 cups gluten free pancake mix and 2 tablespoons of cinnamon.
- Take 1 inch size of the mixture, flatten it on your hand and wrap it around a marshmallow forming a ball.
- Put your vegetable oil in a pot over high heat for frying. Fry the ball in your oil until golden brown.
- In a separate bowl combine 1/2 cup sugar and 3 tbsp cinnamon. Roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture until fully coated.