Cotton Candy Oreo Truffles
If there’s one thing people know about me, it’s that I love Oreos. I love putting Oreos into cupcakes, into my mouth, or onto my ice cream. However, I don’t always love some of Oreo’s ambitious flavor choices. Don’t get me wrong…I admire and love their willingness to try and make root beer float and candy corn cookie sandwiches happen, but sometimes it’s just a little much.
When Oreo came out with a cotton candy flavor, I thought it would be strange. No one thinks of cotton candy and vanilla cookies together (at least I don’t). But of course, as I was frolicking the aisles of Target and stumbled upon cotton candy Oreos, I decided to give them a try. To my surprise, they tasted very much like cotton candy! However, I didn’t like the feeling of eating otton candy in a cookie. So I made my own white chocolate covered Oreo cotton candy truffles and they taste like my childhood amusement park adventures stuffed into a small ball. Here’s how to make them!
Prep time: 15 min
Total time: 1 hour 30 min
- 12 cotton candy Oreos
- 1 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup white chocolate morsels
- Blue food coloring
- Red food coloring
1) Set 4 whole cotton candy Oreos aside, and grind 8 of the cotton candy Oreos in a food processor or blender until fully blended. Once the Oreo mix is fully blended, add 1 tbsp butter and blend until mixed thoroughly.
2) Remove the filling from the 4 whole cotton candy Oreo cookies and add to the mix. Blend until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
3) Roll the cookie mixture into 8 balls and place onto a plate or pan. Place them in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
4) Once the truffles are frozen, take them out of the freezer and set aside. Melt 1 cup of white chocolate morsels in the microwave for 1 minute and stir. Continue to microwave for 15 second intervals stirring in between until the chocolate is fully melted. Add 1 drop of blue food coloring and mix.
5) Dip each ball into the blue chocolate and set aside on wax paper to cool.
6) Melt ¼ cup of white chocolate morsels in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in between until fully melted. Once the chocolate is fully melted, add one drop of red food coloring.
7) Take a fork and dip into the pink colored chocolate and drizzle on top of the blue chocolate-coated truffles with a design of your choice. Let the truffles sit for 20 minutes until the chocolate has fully hardened.